May 2 Coronavirus Sucks Race

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

May 2 Coronavirus Sucks Race

Post by Speedster »

Maximum Velocity is teaming up with the NPWDRL, Derby Evolution and Derby Worx to put on a FREE race for everyone. There will be 2 classes for lube. Choose graphite or oil. Wheels allowed are BSA, Pinecar, Maximum Velocity and AWANA. As Joel says, this is a race for FUN. You can watch your car go down the track on You Tube. There will be gifts (swag). I think this is a wonderful thing Joel and everyone else involved are doing. The thousands of cars that have been built and might never race now have a chance to run down what I think will be a 42' Best track.

I don't know how to put a bunch of "blue letters" up so you can click on it and get more information. If you do I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: May 2 Coronavirus Sucks Race

Post by whodathunkit »

Speedster wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:05 am
I don't know how to put a bunch of "blue letters" up so you can click on it and get more information. If you do I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.
Speedster, I received the same e-mail from Joel with Maximum Velocity.
To help provide a link to the information that came through on e-mail I found this link:

https://mailchi.mp/be6686e958a8/coronav ... 5SCbzbMfeE

I won't be able to attend this race.
As the number of virus cases have been rising in are area .. and I'm smack in the middle of it working in the hospital,
and fighting the good fight with all my health care co -workers.

Some car names ideas... for this Coronavirus Sucks Race... I'll pass along.
1.. Quarantine.
2.. Out Of Toilet Paper.
3.. Empty shelf's.
4.. Social distancing.
5..Hand sanitizer.
6..Droplet Precaution.
7.. Face mask.
8.. Ventilator.
9.. PPE.
And so many more for you to think of.
Please stay safe everyone!

Whoda
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Thank You. That will make it easy for everyone.
I'm thinking there are thousands of AWANA racers that might have always wondered how they would do against a scout car. I realize the wheel and axle rules are very lenient but it could be lots of funny anyway. Perhaps a lot of the racers have never had a chance to run on a 42' Best track, or maybe any aluminum track. I hope there's a good turn out.

It's so easy to say "Stay Safe" but all those who work in hospitals have an unbelievable challenge. Whoda, I truly do Pray that you and all your Loved Ones are safe, I know you're all doing your best.
Loud2ns
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Loud2ns »

Speedster wrote:Thank You. That will make it easy for everyone.
I'm thinking there are thousands of AWANA racers that might have always wondered how they would do against a scout car. I realize the wheel and axle rules are very lenient but it could be lots of funny anyway. Perhaps a lot of the racers have never had a chance to run on a 42' Best track, or maybe any aluminum track. I hope there's a good turn out.

It's so easy to say "Stay Safe" but all those who work in hospitals have an unbelievable challenge. Whoda, I truly do Pray that you and all your Loved Ones are safe, I know you're all doing your best.
I'm sending our three Awana cars in for this race.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Loud2ns, Good for you. I hope your teams are able to watch it as it happens.
OOBigFish
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by OOBigFish »

Planning to send in some cars. See you all on the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk