Micro-Wizard Question

Commercial timing systems
NE-II-143
Apprentice
Apprentice

Micro-Wizard Question

Post by NE-II-143 »

Hi Folks,

New email means new user name. But I am still "Stephen's Dad"!

Our Pack was just donated a Micro-Wizard GP3 for 6 lanes. However our track is a Piantedosi Pinewood 4 lane unit.

I can't see any reason why we can't leave 2 lanes unused. Will this "confuse" the timer & interfere with it's operation?

Thanks in Advance,

Steve Jepsen
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Micro-Wizard Question

Post by gpraceman »

NE-II-143 wrote:Our Pack was just donated a Micro-Wizard GP3 for 6 lanes. However our track is a Piantedosi Pinewood 4 lane unit.

I can't see any reason why we can't leave 2 lanes unused. Will this "confuse" the timer & interfere with it's operation?
Not at all with respect to the timer. If you are using race management software, I would recommend that you cover the two unused sensors. That way, once the other 4 lanes finish, you will be able to get the results right away.

With some race management software you may have to ensure that you are not using lanes 5 and 6 (as opposed to not using lanes 1 and 2) so the results will show up properly. With earlier versions of GrandPrix Race Manager this would be a problem, but not with Version 5.0. I can't speak for other race management software.

BTW - If your email address changes, you can login and change the email address in your user profile so next time around you can use your new one. Username is not changeable (without admin help) but email address is.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
NE-II-143
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NE-II-143 »

Thanks Randy....We will be needing some type of accompanying software I suppose. I'll have a new laptop before our 2006 Derby. Is Race Manager 5.0 made by & available from Micro-Wizard?

Steve
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

NE-II-143 wrote:Thanks Randy....We will be needing some type of accompanying software I suppose. I'll have a new laptop before our 2006 Derby. Is Race Manager 5.0 made by & available from Micro-Wizard?

Steve
Micro Wizard does carry the latest version of GrandPrix Race Manager but it was written by yours truly. :wink:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
NE-II-143
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NE-II-143 »

I'll call you in the morning then.

Steve