MicroWizard K1 Super Cheat Kit-Assembled

Commercial timing systems
aeroknut
Apprentice
Apprentice

MicroWizard K1 Super Cheat Kit-Assembled

Post by aeroknut »

I can't believe I missed this gem so I wanted to post it here to hopefully save someone the hours that I waisted.

I spent hours and hours (weeks) researching timers looking for a reliable and inexpensive timer. We just did not have $200+ for a three lane timer to interface with our GPRM software.

I was just about to settle on a bag of parts from Radio Shack for around $80 (I have NO soldering or electronics background) and was worried I was jumping in WAY over my head....but it was for the kids!

I don't know how I missed it after all those hours on the internet but I stumbled across the Micro Wizard K1 SCK-assembled option.

They do most of the prep for you, leaving only a few "relatively" simple solders and construction of a case, up to you. A little bit of time in the wood shop with some scrap wood ($0) and even less time on the bench soldering and I had a fantastic timer for around $100.

We used it this weekend and ran 43 heats in an HOUR!

Thank you Randy (GPRM software) and Micro Wizard. It was fast, simple, affordable, and most of all the kids (AND PARENT VOLUNTEERS!) had a great time!