The Judge timer

Commercial timing systems
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: The Judge timer

Post by Stan Pope »

Thank you for posting those details, Mike. It really helps when you can quantify the observations!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Nothing beats a snap open gate. The pegs disappear completely before the cars even think of moving. A cabinet door latch shown in photo makes an excellent choice when building a snap-open gate. If you have trouble finding this item, contact me.
http://www.newdirections.ws/faq.htm#Q11
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Mike Parrish wrote:Has anyone ever experienced getting 1 set erroneous times for 1 run in the middle of a set of rounds from a Judge timer? :?:
One of my customers has confirmed that the Judge is suscetable to EMI if you intertwine my modular start gate cable with a 120 VAC extension cord. He was running GrandPrix and occasionally got impossible results. He stopped by my workshop and we couldn't get any failures, but he went back to his track and it failed again. In an effort to pin it down, he separated the extension cord from my cable, and it worked fine. He put the cables back against eachother, and the problem reappeared.

If you must run 120 VAC along side your track, put it on the opposite side from the data cables.
Mike Parrish
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mike Parrish »

Good stuff to know.

Thanks John.
Race Fast-
Mike Parrish
Parrish Racing
www.derbydayz.com