Timer has "reverse data" feature

Commercial timing systems
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Timer has "reverse data" feature

Post by pack529holycross »

I was noticing that our K3 FastTrack timer has the ability to "reverse" the data. I wonder if that means that I can put the timer on backwards so that the numbers and times show away from the Start Line for those sitting at the end of the track to see?

Nicholas
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Timer has "reverse data" feature

Post by TAL »

All the timer shows is place and time regardless of which way it sits ...

But if you are useing a computer is where the reverse data feature comes in to keep the lane order consistant with the computer.

I suppose most people read left to right in numbering the lanes but there are always leftys in the world and if you even read left to right you could use the feature to show the opposite end of the track the times and keep designated lane numbers consistant with the computer.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

my head is spinning... lol... which way did they go!...

I think the timer has the lanes designated within the unit (I.E. 1 through 6), so I think that if you reverse the timer you would need that feature to insure that Lane 6 is getting Lane 6 data and not Lane 1 data... ill play with it tonight to see if that is the case.

Nicholas
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TAL »

Personnally, I like the timer display to be towards the starting gate so that the gate operator can be sure all data has been sent to the computer and timer has reset itself thourgh the GPRM software before resetting the starting gate .

Also, GPRM software will allow you to specify lanes with numbers or colors of your choice.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

The reverse lanes feature is useful if the timer is sending the results in the opposite lane order from what you want.

While GPRM will let you custom label your lanes, if the timer data is coming though in reversed lane order, you can simply set GPRM to reverse the lane order to compensate (as opposed to setting the timer to do it). That option is in the hardware setup screen. This even works with timers that don't have a reverse lanes feature. GPRM will simply reverse the lane order of the data coming from the timer.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Thank you again Randy for your solid explaination of the solution. I think that since the track is 50ft long ( plus space behind starting end ) that most of the spectators will be along the sides of the track and not beyond the end of it. Since this is my first Derby ( as an indoor event ), I suspect a fair amount of mother-hen micromanaging on my part will be the order of the day until I feel comfortable that everyone got their moneys worth.

Nicholas