Input on New Timers and Software?

Commercial timing systems
Garrett007
Apprentice
Apprentice

Input on New Timers and Software?

Post by Garrett007 »

Our pack is going to buy a new timer and software for our pinewood races. We have an aluminum track over wood. I've been researching fastrack and the judge using grandprix software. Anyone use these and have any input, suggestions. I have a max budget of $500 for the entire setup. Thanks
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Input on New Timers and Software?

Post by sporty »

Well I like Randys grpm software.

I like microwizard timers, the judge is good also.

That's a tight budget, but there are options that should just squeek you buy. some may have older timers for sale that will work just fine also from the mfg of the timers. If the new and latest and greatest is out of price range.

Depends also how handy you are. some offer kits and some are complete. this is going to play a factor in pricing also.

Sporty
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

sporty wrote:Depends also how handy you are. some offer kits and some are complete. this is going to play a factor in pricing also.
For the budget conscience, we found the Microwizard Kit to be an excellent option.
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mr. Slick »

I can highly recommend the FastTrack/GPRM combo! I have several of the timers and a few licences for GPRM, RaceFX, DerbyDMV, and RaceReplay. I have used GPRM and RaceFX several times a week for several years during pinewood derby season.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.