Help need with a Derbytimer.com timer

DIY timing systems
PeteA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Help need with a Derbytimer.com timer

Post by PeteA »

sporty wrote:
PeteA wrote:Well, ordered the programmer module, Max32 and PIC chips. Fedex tracking shows delivery today. Wish me luck for later today. Will let you know results.
You have kept us in suspence, on how things turned out, any updates and news ?

sporty
Sorry suspence not intended. Had no luck with either new max32 or pic chip. :wall: Gave up on Derby timer. But was able to recover our old paralell timer and downgraded to older version of GPRM with a great deal of help from Randy, a new cable and some solder.
So the troop is back in Business. :thumbup: :D
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

You seem to be able to get around it for this years race, but I wouldn't give up hope on it just yet for next year and beyond.

I know that you checked all of the solder joints. Did you compare your board with the photos below? Maybe a cap or diode was put in in the wrong orientation, or the wrong value cap, resistor or diode used. The full parts list is at http://derbytimer.com/rev2.php to check against as well. It's too bad that Bert Drake is not readily available to aid in troubleshooting.

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
PeteA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by PeteA »

Well a gent from the church has volunteered to begin construction of a new 4 lane track this year so we will probably spring for a new timer as well. Continued debug on the kit seems like a waste of time right now. I may be gainfully employeed soon and also just started some vol work myself.