Racemaster Timer question

Commercial timing systems
jtheriault74
Apprentice
Apprentice

Racemaster Timer question

Post by jtheriault74 »

We have a racemaster timer. This year at our races the times did not always stop as the car passed over the sensor. It wasn't always the same sensor and it did not occure every race. We played with lighting near the sensors but nothing seemed to help. Does anyone have any recommendations for troubleshooting?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Racemaster Timer question

Post by gpraceman »

That really seems to be a lighting issue. Are you making sure to use incandescent lighting? Fluorescent lighting should not be used.

For a friend of mine with that timer, I built a light bar. One ultra bright white LED over each lane sensor, powered by a 9V battery. The LED's, resistors, wiring, battery holder, and on/off switch were purchased from Radio Shack. That was mounted into a length of wood. This is secured to the back of the timer bridge. This makes sure that each sensor gets plenty of light.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
jtheriault74
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jtheriault74 »

I don't think that it is the lighting. I have also tested with leds and same results.We have used the same lighting setup for years and this is the first year it has been an issue. The only other thing that I thought of is this year it was held at night not during the day as in previous years. I don't know if that is enough difference in light to be a factor or not.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

If you don't think it is lighting you can always contact the manufacturer. Let me know if you need their contact info.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
jtheriault74
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jtheriault74 »

If you have the contact information that would be great. I have not been able to find it anywhere. thanks
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

JIT, Inc.
Tony Weida
(309) 242-6255
Randy Lisano