wheel balancer

Discussions related to building cubmobiles.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

wheel balancer

Post by sporty »

Does anyone know

a company that balances smaller wheels ?

sporty
Smell of pine
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: wheel balancer

Post by Smell of pine »

Sporty, have you found anything yet? I have thought about a balancer that the whole wheel assembly rides on. But you'd have to assemble the wheel to the car, and I'm not sure how accurate it would be for a small wheel. Maybe a bike shop? I'd be interested if you find something.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

I have not had any luck.

Perhaps if i dont have any luck buy the end of the summer, thats when ill actually have some free time. Sicne I got alot going on right now.

I might try and design one, However my abilities would likely render it primative.

Finding the spot that needed weight added to it to balance it. Is the hard part. Making a bracket to hold the wheel and spin it, thats the easy part.

Sporty
RacerRusty
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by RacerRusty »

sporty wrote:I have not had any luck.

Perhaps if i dont have any luck buy the end of the summer, thats when ill actually have some free time. Sicne I got alot going on right now.

I might try and design one, However my abilities would likely render it primative.

Finding the spot that needed weight added to it to balance it. Is the hard part. Making a bracket to hold the wheel and spin it, thats the easy part.

Sporty
I would be interested in seeing your idea. I've been bouncing around a couple of ideas in my head trying to dream up an actual spin balancer. The concept is easy enough. The ability to make something that small and get it to work properly ....... thats a different story. :oops: