Wetassa pack 150, freeport il

General cubmobile related topics.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Wetassa pack 150, freeport il

Post by sporty »

Well,

It was a very interesting day, to say the least !

We got there early, The Cubmobile was placed right next to the main booth.

For over 1 hour it sat, the people at the event had looked at the car and said nothing.

Well then about 10 minutes before registration was about over with.

They inspect the Cubmobile, only to say it could not run in the event.

Reason why, the bearings were not the same and the rubber was rounded on the wheels.

Yet no place in the rules, did it state that you could not touch or alter the wheels.

I brought that to their attention and I got no responce. It then clearly appeared to me they were not going to respond but with only insults.

I had a clear and vaild point, I had followed the rules they gave to me. I took the time prior to the event to call, e-mail them.

And with all that, I never was told or given a different set of rules.

It seems they have different inspection rules than what is given out to the parents.

To me unless you were allowed to see or were awhare of the inspection rules prior to the event.

There would be a good chance your childs car would not run.

I was not alone. Another parent had done some work on the rubber on the wheels.

I even spoke with him and he was a nice person and had even ran in previous events with the same set up.

I certainly was very dis apointed on how they handled things.

Waiting so long to inspect the car when the cqar had sat there for over 1 hours time frame.

Even in fairness, we should have been given the time or chance to correct any problems.

Even thought it was not stated in the rules, that the wheels could not be touched.

Perhaps one further note, would be that the person putting on the event, happen to have his son in the event, who would have raced against my son.

Because by the rules we had and went by, the car was legal.

Sporty
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Wetassa pack 150, freeport il

Post by Teeeman »

So you didn't even race... ?!?!?!

This problem is a common, recurring theme it seems... insufficient rules with day of race interpretation and clarification costing folks their chance to race.

Both CMB and PWD suffer this fate.

Is it intentional to discourage truly competitive racing or simply firm proof that 98% of the folks who run events like these either cannot or at the very least simply do not communicate well?

-T
"I dunno..." - Uncle Eddie, Christmas Vacation
Smell of pine
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Smell of pine »

We had a similar problem at PWD.

Our Cubmobile race rules are not very strict. My son's car would probably not pass your race inspection either. As stated in previous posts, you can understand why. Anyway Sporty, if you hurry West a little bit, you can come race with us on the 3rd. Terry, you can come as well if you'd like :D . We are just trying to gain attention and draw interest this year. Plus, I'd rather see new creative ideas. As long as the car is built safe, and keeps the kid safe. Our rules allow quite a bit within reason.

Sporty, do you have pictures of the new car?
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

yes,

send me a private im, with e-mail addy

sporty