20 years of GrandPrix Race Manager

Provides software for Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, Awana Grand Prix, Space Derby, Raingutter Regatta or other similar races. Providing high quality software solutions that will help with planning and conducting your races.

Moderator: gpraceman

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

20 years of GrandPrix Race Manager

Post by gpraceman »

2020 is now here, a new year and decade, with great potential. This year also marks 20 years of GrandPrix Race Manager! That is rather mind blowing.

It was created for our Awana club in San Diego, since I didn't like any of the software that was out there at the time and using a spreadsheet just wasn't cutting it. So, I decided to write my own software. It worked so well, people at our church were suggesting that I start selling it. It started first as shareware and got lots of good user feedback. Then I rewrote it to be more commercial grade. In 2002, GPRM joined the market place, officially as Version 2. It caught on like wildfire and by 2005 our software company was a full time job.

Fast forward to today, where GPRM is now in its 4th generation (V1 Shareware, V2-V6, V7-V15, V16 and above) and is still going strong. It has been used in literally thousands of races, from small local races to huge upper level races and even corporate races. There was even a race on the Today Show, which we had the honor of helping out with.

We do want to thank our customers for helping us along the way with great suggestions for improvements and when they found problems. We will continue to improve the software to make it even easier to use and more versatile.

We do hope and pray that 2020 will be a great year for all of us. :bigups:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 20 years of GrandPrix Race Manager

Post by Eagle »

Randy congratulations on 20years. I look forward to getting your software for http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com and using it for years to come.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: 20 years of GrandPrix Race Manager

Post by Speedster »

Great product, Randy. It is working flawlessly for us. Keep up the good work.