Light Tree

Manufacturers of The Judge timers. Also manufactures solenoid start gates and light trees.

Moderator: John Shreffler

John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Looking for Starting Tree plans/ideas.

Post by John Shreffler »

rich b
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Light Tree

Post by rich b »

Now this looks cool!!!!! Easily stored, visually attractive...........

Does anyone have one of these yet?? Would love to hear a review!

Rich B
Pack 1916 CM
Detroit Area Council
Michigami District
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Would you be interested in writing a review? If so, contact me, and I will send you a light tree for evaluation, and pick up the shipping tab when you return it. This is a brand new product, and I would like some exposure.

By the way, Randy Lisano has used it in several derbies, but I think he is partial to 150 watt 120 volt outdoor colored flood lights. Ouch!

http://www.newdirections.ws/lighttree.htm
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

John Shreffler wrote:but I think he is partial to 150 watt 120 volt outdoor colored flood lights. Ouch!
Now, I wouldn't say that at all :!: It just happens that the person who submitted the plans for the light tree for my GrandPrix Race Central website built an AC circuit. I do intend to replace those plans with some low voltage DC plans that I found, but the author has never got back to me.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Whistler
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Whistler »

I'll write you a review in return for an audition. Unfortunately our race is Jan 29th, so you would need to ship by then.
ronin718
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by ronin718 »

John... I have two packs in Sterling with races this month, one on the 21st and one on the 28th. I'm also part of the Goose Creek District PWD Committee, and your light tree might be a hit there. I'd be happy to do a preview/review for you. How can we hook up?
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Sorry guys, but Joe Trela up in Michigan came in first. Watch this area of DerbyTalk to see his review on how the Light Tree worked out for him. Also, watch my web pages over the next weeks as I work out the details on remote control start gates, using the Light Tree as the trigger.
www.newdirections.ws
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge