I am celebrating my 20th year in Pinewood Timers....

Manufacturers of The Judge timers. Also manufactures solenoid start gates and light trees.

Moderator: John Shreffler

John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

I am celebrating my 20th year in Pinewood Timers....

Post by John Shreffler »

.... and invite y'all to drop by and see the story of how my business came to be. http://www.newdirections.ws/newdirection.html
Pretzels and beer will be served.
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am celebrating my 20th year in Pinewood Timers....

Post by gpraceman »

Congratulations John!

That is a very big milestone. I liked reading your story. I know as well, that it is nice to be in this market and help out all of the scout, church and other groups put on a better race.

Congrats again. Now, for the beer and pretzles...

God Bless,

Randy
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
BlackLotus
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BlackLotus »

Thanks to you and those like you that have made this event much more enjoyable for the kids and parents alike. My son just had his first PWD on Sat 01/12 and what a difference having the electronics made.

I remember, when I was a scout, working for weeks on a car just to watch it go down the track twice before being given back to me during double elimination races. I also remember watching parents argue and act inapropriately because a judge, standing over the finish line called a race differently than what the parent saw. I remember arguments over who should get to run in the "fastest" lane. I remember crying scouts, mothers pulling fathers away from judges, and people actually dropping out of scouts after the PWD.

This year, each entry was guaranteed six runs (one on each lane) and the format called for fastest average times for overall awards and they awarded first, second and third place ribbons for each three car heat. I didn't see one disputed race, no re-runs, and no arguments or problems. I saw kids carrying six third place ribbons smiling like they had conquered the world.

Thanks to you and those like you who have made this event so much more enjoyable by taking the "human" element out of it and allowing this type of format. It really changed my view of the PWD.

Congrats on you longevity.
jrz_dad
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by jrz_dad »

Congrats John!! Your product is definately wonderful...even better is the SERVICE you provide! Our pack can attest to that...you have helped us out alot and trust me, we truely appreciate the time and dedication you provided in helping us solve any issues we have had with the timer. Good luck to you and here's hoping for another 20yrs of success!!

James Vaughn
Pack 185
Elgin, OK