Timer project

DIY timing systems
reddriver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Timer project

Post by reddriver »

I am looking for a kit timer to build with my son. He is bummed out about being a WEBLOS II and not racing next year. I think this would be a good alternative to building a car. His little brother is a Wolf, so it would be nice to have a timer at home.

I can solder, use a scope, DMM etc. What I am looking for is a kit that will work when done.

The electronics part of the project should be mostly assembly work. The box, gate, finish line is where my son could do some design work.

The kits I have looked at are Micro Wizard and derby timer. Are there any others to look at?

I would like to interface with a computer.

By the way Pack race this weekend 1-2 finish overall and each son was first in den. Thanks for the help the past years this was eldest 3rd 1st place finish.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Timer project

Post by ohiofitter »

reddriver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddriver »

I've seen this kit thanks
Is it a proven designs. Will it work as printed or will I have to replace trace "x" with a jumper from pin "n" to "R1" etc.
rangercmdr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rangercmdr »

These are very reliable as I have two of them. You can get them in several ways, I recommend going with the assembled, you get headers and plugs on cables with it just like you would buy one assembled from them. I would get all the data also. In others words spend the most money, all you need then is a frame and solder LED's on.