sub-$15 digital scale from Harbor Freight

Other race electronics and general electronics discussions.
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

sub-$15 digital scale from Harbor Freight

Post by Teeeman »

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=93543

Print the webpage and take with you to get that price, the store price for me was $2 higher...

and check your scale before you leave... a co-worker bought one for a toothpick bridge project and it was dysfunctional outta the box...

he returned, got a working one, and then in doubt took it with him to a pharmacy as a cross check and was very surprised to see his scale equal to the tenth of a gram the pharmacy scale with standard calibration weights.

My personal experience is this little scale measured our existing cars to exactly the numbers I remember.

-Terry
"I dunno..." - Uncle Eddie, Christmas Vacation
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: sub-$15 digital scale from Harbor Freight

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Teeeman:

Thanks for the heads up, got a new one in my pocket (post Christmas Stocking Stuffer!). :D Nice little flip-over protective cover.

And you are correct about bringing the printed Internet price with you. At the local store here it was still listed at face value ($17.99), but after the "management to the check out, please..." routine I got it for the advertised $9.99.

Initial tests look OK. I will test vs. my personal PW5200 and 5.00 oz test weight this evening.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Ricerocket00
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ricerocket00 »

For the price, I got two of them so I could measure how much weight was on each axle. I also got a calibration weight off of eBay (500 gram). The scales are extremely accurate when compared to my PW5200. Good idea to check them in the store (or in your car). One of the two was bad out of the box, but a quick exchange took care of that. Gotta love Harbor Freight!! :D :D :D
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Checked my new one last night against the 5.00 oz test weight that came with the PW5200 (which I have checked against another test weight and PW5200).

The new one registered 5.01 oz. for the test weight. Re-tared and tested again, same 5.01 oz. Same weight showed 5.00 oz. on the PW5200 (and previously showed same on the other PW5200).

Close enough that I don't expect to exchange it.

Very handy tool for the price (esp. given the portability and the greater weight limit than the PW5200).
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby