Any one making Beta Craft track sections

Commercial tracks.
Stesul33
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any one making Beta Craft track sections

Post by Stesul33 »

I know this is a long shot but if anywhere would know of a place to find it I’m guessing it would be here. Just recently purchased a new to us track for our Cub Scout pack but it’s not been finished. It was started and half assembled using Beta Craft track. We are looking for 2-3 pieces to make a 2 lane track 46 foot. We currently have 9 sections total. Any help with finding some would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Steve
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any one making Beta Craft track sections

Post by gpraceman »

scoutshop.org used to sell those sections, but it seems that they no longer do. Not sure anyone sells that anymore.

Anyways, why such a long track? The challenge with such a long track is that it makes it harder for the slower cars to finish. It is disheartening for a child to build a car and then it does not even cross the finish line. I would recommend just using one less track section. It helps those slower cars and makes for tighter races with the faster cars.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

This is the original company that made those track sections. They don't list the sections on their website, but maybe they still have a few collecting dust on a shelf.

https://betacrafts.com/about-us
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Stesul33
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Stesul33 »

Our current track is a homemade wooden track at 50 foot. The track our district race is a 46 foot best track just trying to keep it about the same length. We were able to purchase the Betacraft track and the start to a wooden frame for $50
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Beta Crafts is no longer selling there pinewood derby kits on line as far as I know of.
Your old wooded track sounds like it will be fun for the boy's to race on with the track plating you were able to pick up.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?