Interesting Stop Section Design

DIY tracks.
Nitro Dan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Interesting Stop Section Design

Post by Nitro Dan »

I was surfing around the internet and ran across these pictures of an interesting stop section design:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n1YUeXhDqvs/S ... G_3535.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n1YUeXhDqvs/S ... G_3590.JPG

Obviously a "home-made" track. Interesting way of stopping the cars from the sides instead of the bottom. Material for the actual stoppers seems to be some sort of semi flexible rubber. Anyone ever seen or used a design like this before?

-Nitro Dan
Take good and make it great. Take fast and make it faster. Performance drives success!
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Interesting Stop Section Design

Post by Stan Pope »

That is clever!

As I read your post, shudders of fear were beginning. Looking at the pictures, it may be one of the gentlest stop sections I've ever seen!

The rubber strips look like inner tube cross sections... motorcycle? Balloon tire bicycle?
Wonder how they "stuffed" the innertube ends into those narrow notches and kept them in place. Looks like it would be as hard as stuffing a cat into a bucket of flea dip! (They grow extra legs with which to hang onto the lip of the bucket.)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

Interesting but I would rather have my car stopped from the bottom rather that something rubbing down the sides of my nice paint job. :eek:
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Rod Turnbull wrote:Interesting but I would rather have my car stopped from the bottom rather that something rubbing down the sides of my nice paint job. :eek:
I think that it depends on whether you value your paint job or your alignment more! The belly strips seem to have more propensity to alter wheel alignment.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Stan Pope wrote:I think that it depends on whether you value your paint job or your alignment more! The belly strips seem to have more propensity to alter wheel alignment.
I would also think that any side accessories run the risk of being torn off. Creative though.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

LOL, wheel alignment, what's that? The competition must not be to tough up here... we never had to align the wheels to bring home a victory. :lol:

There is all kinds of useful information here that I would love to have to use someday, for now; I'm playing dumb and keeping it a close race. ;)