Track set-up caution for Rail Riders

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
doct1010
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Track set-up caution for Rail Riders

Post by doct1010 »

We set up our track last night. I did not micro manage as in past, let the newbies take over in prep for next year when they are on their own. We have an older Piantedosi wood very good shape fast and smooth. What I found is they had installed several sections backwards :o ! Those familiar know one side of guide strip is tapered (down track edge) . Thus a RR would have easily caught an edge at a track transition above mounting plate. For that matter any car on the rail for whatever reason, intentional or otherwise. I plan to mark underside, not just number the pieces for future reference!
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Track set-up caution for Rail Riders

Post by Go Bubba Go »

doct1010 wrote:I plan to mark underside, not just number the pieces for future reference!
Good move. We use the old A/A, B/B, C/C method and it seems to keep us straight. We usually forget the marks are even there until we flip the sections over for inspection before assembly, then suddenly the whole "how and why" all comes back to us in an instant :idea: and we're glad we put them there.

Watch the newbies on assembly. Our old track requires just a little alignment / "fine tuning" on the joints before we tighten them down.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby