"Official" PC Derby rules

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
sigurd
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Official" PC Derby rules

Post by sigurd »

Hi,

I was reading somwehere, but can't remember where, about an effort to standardize the set of rules governing a PC Derby. Does anyone have a link or ideas?

Thanks.
Sigurd Kallhovde
San Diego, CA
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: "Official" PC Derby rules

Post by Stan Pope »

sigurd wrote:Hi,

I was reading somwehere, but can't remember where, about an effort to standardize the set of rules governing a PC Derby. Does anyone have a link or ideas?

Thanks.
Sigurd Kallhovde
San Diego, CA
So far, haven't noticed anything other that the normal "noise". It is a common sentiment, and every holder has a set of "perfect" rules to suggest at that standard.

For some more comments and requirements, see http://derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=37 ... ight=rules
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

sigurd wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Sigurd Kallhovde
San Diego, CA
Hello from Santee CA.

I hope by PC you mean "Pine Car" and not "Politically Correct". We have too much to worry about running a race already.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

sigurd wrote:I was reading somwehere, but can't remember where, about an effort to standardize the set of rules governing a PC Derby. Does anyone have a link or ideas?
Who would create those standardized rules? The dozen or so parent organizations that sponsor derbies? The dozens of companies that make derby kits and accessories?

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."