1st "district" PWD a success

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
TimInOhio
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

1st "district" PWD a success

Post by TimInOhio »

I wanted to thank everyone for all the expertise shared here. Last year, I asked "What do the Scouts do now that they have won their Pack PWD?" I was told "Nothing - there's no District PWD." So, this year, we held one (sort of). I asked our "Distrcit Director" for help. Basically, I was told that there was no money, and that I could not call it a District event, and that he would not give me the contact info for the other Packs in our District, but that he would forward the fliers and documents to the Packs. Long story short: we had 12 Packs out of 27 send at least 1 Scout to our event, with a total of 54 registrations. There were a couple minor issues with tech inspection (do people even read the rules - LOL), but we had a great time, and the Scouts had a blast. Our local mall was more than happy to host our event. We are already talking about scheduling next year's event. I spent a lot of time ready posts here, and thanks again to everyone for the info that has been posted.

Tim
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: 1st "district" PWD a success

Post by FatSebastian »

TimInOhio wrote:We are already talking about scheduling next year's event.
Do you think the success of this year's event might lead to "real" District sponsorship in the future?