Help on setting up pwd race & workshop

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
GILLS
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Help on setting up pwd race & workshop

Post by GILLS »

Need Help!!!

Our pack 443 changed leaders a few months ago, and I was approached by both gentlemen at the ballpark a few nights ago. After a few minutes of talking, I was asked to plan and manage our pwd this year.
I knew that they were not going to let me say no! : Needless to say I am now planning our pwd for 2005.
I am coaching baseball now, and soccer in the fall, so I need to start planning now. I would like to host a workshop as well. I did this with our church group of 12 kids this year and it made them more competitive and they seemed to enjoy it more! Our pack has about 50 kids total, so I could really use all the info you have. You may have some good posts in the past, so if you do please let me know where they are! I also want to say thankyou in advance. Thir forum always has good info!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help on setting up pwd race & workshop

Post by gpraceman »

This info on this page from GrandPrix Race Central may help you get started http://grandprix-race-central.com/general_topics.htm. Scroll down the page to item 5 of the Race Preparations section.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
MathGuy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Help on setting up pwd race & workshop

Post by MathGuy »

Point on Advice is to recruit, recruit, recruit folks with tools and such.

I personally believe that the parents"winners" of last years races aren't a bad starting spot to ask for help. There are always the folks that help with everything, they will be there regardless, but with scouts, it is always better to get folks out that don't typically help out with things.
Fun for one, Fun for all.
Rob D