Cool Pinewood Derby Certificate

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool Pinewood Derby Certificate

Post by gpraceman »

Someone had sent me this certificate background that he used with our software so it can be shared with others. It can also be pasted into a Word or PowerPoint file to make up your own certificates.

Click on the image to enlarge

Last edited by gpraceman on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Sylvar
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Cool Pinewood Derby Certificate

Post by Sylvar »

Thats great! I looked all over for something like that last year.

Shane
Stephen's Dad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Stephen's Dad »

Very nice. Thanks.

Now I need some help. How do you write a boys name into the document after it has been saved into Word?

I suppose the document could be printed first then loaded back into the printer & another document created with his name & repreinted. But I get the feeling there is probably an easier way.

YiS

Steve
MaxV
Merchant
Merchant

Post by MaxV »

Word has a feature called Mail Merge. In the certificate document you enter a special notation where the name goes. Then in a separate document you include all of the names for the kids that will receive a certificate. Then you run the Mail Merge. It will print a certificate for each name in the list, substituting each name into the certificate.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I have never been much of a fan of MS Word. If you have MS PowerPoint, then it is very easy to add the image background to a slide and then add text wherever you want.

You can also download a PowerPoint version of the certificate at GrandPrix Race Central. In the ZIP file you will get the PowerPoint file and two certificate backgrounds (same background with a different center image).
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

The previous post was updated to reflect the new location of the download.
Randy Lisano

pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

Can't this image be formatted to be included in your choices for backgrounds in either the GPRM or GPRO software?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:Can't this image be formatted to be included in your choices for backgrounds in either the GPRM or GPRO software?
I'm not sure about Grand Prix Organizer, but you can use a certificate background image of your choice in GrandPrix Race Manager.
Randy Lisano