Display the cars

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
kcobb
Journeyman
Journeyman

Display the cars

Post by kcobb »

I recently coordinated and ran a pinewood derby for our pack. I started thinking about what I'd seen in the past and decided I didn't like the cars being put in boxes when registration was held. I always wanted to see the cars, as did the boys. Not knocking anything done by anyone else, as a lot of work goes into coordinating these races.

Anyway, I ended up building a display that housed all the cars and had each slot numbered. This also helped speed up the event. The basic supplies were easy. Foam mounting board, 3/4 x 2" wood to raise the platforms, pin stripes and paint. I'll attach a photo here of the pit area. If anyone likes this idea and would like a copy of the template I created in Visio to cut the tire slots, please drop me an email and I'll be more than pleased to get it to you. I had to print on a plotter it was so big, but you can easily print on 14 x 11 and just make up the difference.

Best to all,
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Display the cars

Post by gpraceman »

That is a very nice way to setup your staging table. :thumbup:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
kcobb
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Display the cars

Post by kcobb »

Thank you very much Randy. It was sure fun watching all the kids around the stage area pointing at all the cars.

Kevin