State of Mississippi RA Day

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Tomcat14
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

State of Mississippi RA Day

Post by Tomcat14 »

We had our State RA Race today and thought I would share the results and some other observations with you guys. They have separate races for each age group and it is single elimination. The track leaves a lot to be desired, but that's a whole other topic. They used the "Judge" to determine order of finish, and when we arrived, there was no section to stop the cars. The cars were running off the end of the track and onto the Gym Floor. We quickly located some sleeping bags and placed them at the end to at least offer some protection to the cars. With all of that, My 10 year got first place, and my 7 year old got 2nd place for his age group. Furthermore, our RA group scored 3, 1st places, a 2nd and a 3rd. Not bad at all. I am very proud of all the boys who went. They have worked very hard this year on their cars.

One last thing. When we arrived we noticed several boys from other churches running their cars on the pavement before registration.
With Christ we are all Winners!!
FRANKLIN WHALEY
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: State of Mississippi RA Day

Post by FRANKLIN WHALEY »

Congrats Tom! It sounds like your group had a fun day of racing. Single elimination sounds a little harsh. Was there too many cars to do it at least DE? With SE unless they went on times, it would be hard to find the true 2nd-3rd-4th places. The fastest car will usually take care of itself. Also, how many groups did they have? We only have two, lads 1st-3rd grade and crusaders 4th-6th.
BE A FISHER OF MEN!
Tomcat14
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Tomcat14 »

They did it by age, so there were 6 groups total. I guess they did it single elimination due to the lack of time for each group. They only allowed 45 minutes per age group to do inpspection and racing. I'm going to volunteer next year and try to do some things a little differently if they will allow. For starters, I'd like to inspect/register all cars and impound them before the first group starts. That way when the groups comes in, we can start racing immediately.
With Christ we are all Winners!!
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Tomcat14 wrote:For starters, I'd like to inspect/register all cars and impound them before the first group starts. That way when the groups comes in, we can start racing immediately.
Or, overlap running one group with inspection of the next! That has been very successful for us. You may have to set up a separate "pit table" to hold the newly inspected cars.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"