HELP! Get a load of this

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
brownboy
Pine Head
Pine Head

HELP! Get a load of this

Post by brownboy »

so Last year my pack was in charge of running "super-districts" derby at the scout show, I thought everything went fine using no chart 4e. we have 4 districts 3 racers per districts so max 12 racers per class (tiger, wolf ..etc) the chairperson for the District just to the north of us impounded all his winners cars at their districts, and showed up very late to the race which held up everything, I wasn't about to punish 16 scouts because he couldn't manage to be on time.. so I held up the races with no punishment to the racers despite the fact the rules stated the penalty for late shows.. I also gave the boys 15 minutes to relube their cars since the other 3 districts had the chance to do so at home.

All of this went against his ideas of how to run a derby so this year he demanded his pack be allowed to run super districts at the scout show based on the fact we had done it the last two years and the fact it took longer than planned... gee I wonder why.

Now the kicker.. he has a 6 lane track with electronic timer.. so he plans on running 2 heats per class 6 across, taking the two heat winners, and have them face off for first place.... I couldn't believe my ears , I thought DE sucked and now this.. well I guess the races will finish on time this year.

Good Luck handing out that 3rd place ribbon

If I can get his email maybe I could ask some of you to talk some sense into him...Did I mention that we had a racer that was in the last elimination bracket came back to beat my sons car last year. I just want a fun fair race that takes more than 2 minutes.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: HELP! Get a load of this

Post by Stan Pope »

brownboy wrote:Now the kicker.. he has a 6 lane track with electronic timer.. so he plans on running 2 heats per class 6 across, taking the two heat winners, and have them face off for first place.... I couldn't believe my ears , I thought DE sucked and now this.. well I guess the races will finish on time this year.
BB, April 1 is still more than a month away! Floating jokes like this is a bit early!

Surely it is a joke!??? Ummm ... It isn't??? It isn't?!?

Don't sweat 3rd place ... he can't do 1st place accurately with that absurd scheme!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

BB,

Any fallout yet???
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
brownboy
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by brownboy »

well the race is this weekend... we'll see, I hope I heard wrong, I won't make a scene but my bllod will be boiling