Can I switch GPRM scoring method after racing is done?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
DerbyAddict
Pine Head
Pine Head

Can I switch GPRM scoring method after racing is done?

Post by DerbyAddict »

We will be using GPRM for racing this year and I would like to know if there is a problem with this scenario.
We will be using the points system but when you use the points system, the speed does not show on screen. It will only show if a new record is set. My son (a Bear) says the boys would love to see the speed of their cars on screen and I would have to agree (there I go thinking like a nine yr old again). Is there an issue with running the races using the "Time" option in the software setup then switching to points before revealing the winners? Or is there a way to show speeds while still using the points option?
I tested the switching scenario a little by entering times manually and I did not see any problem but I only did a few races. We will be running a total of somewhere between 160 and 200 races depending on the number of boys who show up. Thanks for any insight on this.
Richard Sava
Cubmaster, Pack 241
Deltona, FL
Any day racing PWD is a good day but winning makes a better good day!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I switch GPRM scoring method after racing is done?

Post by gpraceman »

DerbyAddict wrote:Is there an issue with running the races using the "Time" option in the software setup then switching to points before revealing the winners?
You can switch back and forth between points and times when using a timer that will communicate with GrandPrix Race Manager. GPRM will record both times and points regardless of which scoring method you choose.
DerbyAddict wrote:Or is there a way to show speeds while still using the points option?
Not currently, but I'll consider that for Version 6.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
DerbyAddict
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Can I switch GPRM scoring method after racing is done?

Post by DerbyAddict »

Thank you Randy for the quick reply. I am using the Newbold Daytona and it appears to be working pefectly with the software.
Richard Sava
Cubmaster, Pack 241
Deltona, FL
Any day racing PWD is a good day but winning makes a better good day!