42 Foot Track For Sale

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
biganthony40
Apprentice
Apprentice

42 Foot Track For Sale

Post by biganthony40 »

We have a 4 lane 42' supertimer track with software. Total for this new is $1277.00. we have had no problems with track whatsoever, as a matter of fact it is smoother and faster than our new track. But I am the outgoing cub master and the new aluminum track is the way the pack voted. It is for sell locally as shipping is quite expensive.. almost $100.00. So I prefer local pick up I would even have set up and show how track works if requested. Please email me if you might be interested.

tonypennywhite@att.net

thank you

Tony White
MidTNWebelosdad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: 42 Foot Track For Sale

Post by MidTNWebelosdad »

Please ckeck your e-mail.... sent question.
biganthony40
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by biganthony40 »

track is located in Nashville Indiana and has been used for 4 years and is in excellent condition
Bathtub
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Bathtub »

Pictures and price?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I'm not trying to put a damper on the sale of this track, but buyers should be aware of a couple of things.

1) It is an edge guide track. That in of itself isn't really a problem, but if the district or council race runs on a traditional center rail track, then your racers may be at a disadvantage. Building a car to run well on edge guide track will not necessarily make it run well on a center guide track.

2) The stop section is brutal. The foam garage does not gently stop the cars. They are very abruptly stopped, which can cause damage to the cars (accessories knocked off, changes to wheel alignment). Worst case is that cars can be thrown backwards into the path of an incoming car and broken beyond repair. I would recommend devising a different stop section to have the cars "belly slide" to a stop. That stopping method is the least likely to damage the cars.

On the plus side, it is a fast running track, the manufacturer provides excellent customer service, and it is much lighter in weight than aluminum tracks.

I think it can be a good track to run on, and there are many people that do like this brand of track. However, with any track purchase, the buyer should know the pros and cons before buying.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
MidTNWebelosdad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MidTNWebelosdad »

Thanks Randy...

I do see the issues with running an Edge Guide Track vs. Center. My personal interest in a new Track is due to the Pack/District using the same old Formica Covered track used for the past 30+ years. I am, like others in my area, hoping for some progress with a new track.
The #2 issue you noted in your post is EXACTLY the stopping gate used on "Old Blue" (seen in other posts by JOMO). Not Good! :(

MidTnWebelosdad
biganthony40
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by biganthony40 »

the stopping at bottom is hard sometimes. We have had no experiences with cars getting damaged, as a matter of fact the fast cars in the early rounds were fast in the late rounds. But this track is considerably faster than our new aluminum track.

we would like to get $575.00 for it
It is in perfect condition
biganthony40
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by biganthony40 »

as for center guide as opposed to edge guided. we took last years champion car and ran it on the new aluminum track and it still was fastest car at practice night. So I think edge guide vs center has very little difference if any in speed
(if you build a fast car, its fast no matter the tracK)
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

biganthony40 wrote: So I think edge guide vs center has very little difference if any in speed
(if you build a fast car, its fast no matter the tracK)
There is many that have tried rail riding that would dispute that. You can take a car built to rail ride and it will likely do poorly on an edge guide track, since it is intentionally aligned to steer to one side, not run perfectly straight. Many people are being quite successful building rail riders and beating out cars built to run straight.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

I have some short pieces of the SuperTimer track here, and think it is really a great running surface. But the pictures of the support structure look like 1" PVC pipe. How stable is the track when it is set up?
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
biganthony40
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by biganthony40 »

It is as sturdy as our new aluminum frame track. I was really suprised as to the sturdiness of track. Now I'm not saying its rock solid, but no track I've ever seen is. It's not made to be "jostled with", but are any of them.

thanks for looking

aw
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Bathtub wrote:Pictures and price?
You can find photos of the track on the SuperTimer website
biganthony40 wrote:we would like to get $575.00 for it
Is that for the whole track, timer and software setup?
Randy Lisano

biganthony40
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by biganthony40 »

Yes total for track and software

$575.00

Email me if anyone wants pictures
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

biganthony40 wrote:Yes total for track and software
I assume that by "track" you mean the track and the timing system. So, a full setup of track, timer and software?
Randy Lisano