Pinewood Derby in Tri-Cities, Washington?

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
idpwdnut
Pine Head
Pine Head

Pinewood Derby in Tri-Cities, Washington?

Post by idpwdnut »

We are in the process of moving to Tri-Cities, Washington. More specifically to Richland. I was wanting to find out how much pinewood derby activty is there. I was up there during our spring break to visit family and checked in with the scout office. There happened to be a race with the church group that we will be attending, but not much of a race. Some parents that seemed like they would like to get into PWD more but the track is so bad that it would badly limit what individuals could do to learn to progress.

I currently own a track that I rent out here and was looking to see if there would be a need for it in the Tri-Cities. If 2 or 3 people were already doing track rental there, I would maybe sell my here before I moved. The DE I talked to at the Scout Office, said I may rent the track 2 or 3 times a year. Here where I am currently living, I rent it about 25 times a year. In fact, next Saturday is our District Derby and that will be race number 26 for me, with one more race after that.

Is there anyone on the board that lives in the Tri-Cities area and could give me some insight. Thanks