Bubblegum Grand Prix 2012

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
smartyman
Pine Head
Pine Head

Bubblegum Grand Prix 2012

Post by smartyman »

Hi all!

Thought I'd share some cars from this year's Awana Grand Prix. Here is my daughter's bubblegum car:

And my son's green wedge:

And my blue sliver :roll:

Where'd I put the weight?...

We did pretty good!

Enjoy!

Off-topic, but does anyone know of a way to associate a hotmail account with your account here? I don't get notifications from this site anymore because my account here is linked to an e-mail account that I closed, and when I tried to update my account to my hotmail one it told me it wasn't allowed... But that's my e-mail account, so what's a guy to do?
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Bubblegum Grand Prix 2012

Post by ah8tk »

I really like the cars, especially the gumball machine car. Did you glue the “gumballs” into the car or they just held in by the bubble?

To change your email account:

Click User Control Panel

On the side click Profiles

Then click Edit account settings

Change your address to your Hotmail address (I also use Hotmail - the address was changed to protect the innocent)

Then you must enter your current password at the bottom of the form, then click Submit

Andy
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Awesome, You should send a pic of the bubblegum car into mav-x. maybe put in his monthly article.

readers riders.

It's way to sweet.

and I totally love the blue car, thin to win.

Sporty
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Smartyman,

Your daughters bubblegum machine car is a really cool looking car. ;)

I don't believe i've ever seen a bubblegum machine car design like this one..
So I really like the looks of this car.

Now or days the kids can't buy bubblegum out of machines like this for a penny or the price seen for 13 cents.
Today to get bubble gum out of machines like this it will cost you a quarter.

:2cents: nice job with this car.

Mark
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

ah8tk wrote:To change your email account: [...] Change your address to your Hotmail address (I also use Hotmail - the address was changed to protect the innocent)
Nice instructions Andy! I think smartyman's issue may be that, sometime within the last few years, DT stopped allowing the registration of certain (free) email domains; however, if your account is old enough, your free email address may be grandfathered in.
smartyman wrote:Enjoy!
Impressive! Is there some significance to the price of 13 cents?
smartyman
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by smartyman »

ah8tk wrote:I really like the cars, especially the gumball machine car. Did you glue the “gumballs” into the car or they just held in by the bubble?
Thank you! They're just held in the bubble. There's a hole on the bottom that we fed them through, and then we sealed over it. By the way, the bubble is just some packaging off a Spongebob yo-yo I found at the dollar store. Threw away the yo-yo, kept the packaging! :lol:
ah8tk wrote: To change your email account:

Click User Control Panel

On the side click Profiles

Then click Edit account settings

Change your address to your Hotmail address (I also use Hotmail - the address was changed to protect the innocent)

Then you must enter your current password at the bottom of the form, then click Submit

Andy
FatSebastian wrote:Nice instructions Andy! I think smartyman's issue may be that, sometime within the last few years, DT stopped allowing the registration of certain (free) email domains; however, if your account is old enough, your free email address may be grandfathered in.
Thanks for the instructions Andy, but like FatSebastian said DT doesn't seem to accept free e-mail services like Hotmail anymore. I'll try contacting an admin and see if they can do it for me.
sporty wrote:Awesome, You should send a pic of the bubblegum car into mav-x. maybe put in his monthly article.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that -- I'll send him a pic. My daughter would get a kick out of seeing her car in the newsletter!
whodathunkit wrote:Your daughters bubblegum machine car is a really cool looking car.

I don't believe i've ever seen a bubblegum machine car design like this one..
So I really like the looks of this car.
My wife came up with the idea, and as I went searching on Google for pictures of similar cars others might have built, I came up empty. So we didn't have anything to base ours on, but it was very cool to think that this could be a very unique design indeed.
whodathunkit wrote:Now or days the kids can't buy bubblegum out of machines like this for a penny or the price seen for 13 cents.
Today to get bubble gum out of machines like this it will cost you a quarter.

nice job with this car.
FatSebastian wrote:Impressive! Is there some significance to the price of 13 cents?
Thank you! 13 was her number. We really wanted 12 since check-in and the open class race was on her actual 12th birthday, but we were 1 place too far back in line!
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

I love the gumball machine car. Thanks for sharing!

I take it that your derby assigns numbers when the kits are distributed, so kids can incorporate the numbers into their designs?
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ciodude »

My wife collects antique gumball machines, I’ll have to show her your creative car!