RA car questions - Side rail design

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
CallMeChris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RA car questions - Side rail design

Post by CallMeChris »

Some pics...cause everyone loves pictures! Lol

All of our winners. My sons are in the bottom center....Conner has the 2 trophies and Tyler is beside him with the white shirt...

All the cars...

And pictures of our oddball track. The lanes are almost 2" wider than the cars so there is LOTS of room to bounce around back and forth and amplify any problems with tuning...

Again, thank you everyone for your help this year....can't wait to start planning for next years cars!
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

CallMeChris wrote:...our oddball track. The lanes are almost 2" wider than the cars...
Interesting. Obvious built with straight running in mind; I wonder if it would possible to get a straight runner all the way down without touching? :thinking: I also wonder if you get a car to turn around backward on the way down...

Thanks for reporting back race results!
CallMeChris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CallMeChris »

All the cars bumped a few times on the way down...there was a joint about half way down the ramp that was awful and if you bumped the edge there you deffinitely had a slow run!
Slalom
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Slalom »

And what happens in the box at the end if the track? Is it full of foam, looks like an abrupt stop.
CallMeChris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CallMeChris »

Its full of foam with an open spot at the bottom shaped like a wedge. It is a pretty abrupt stop but doesn't seem to hurt the cars any.