Pledge Floor Care Finish?

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Gtdhw
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pledge Floor Care Finish?

Post by Gtdhw »

Interesting idea, that never crossed my mind. We've been using leftover automotive BC/CC for the last couple of years because we were not happy with the results of the can/model CC.
I wish I was the man that my dog thinks I am.
race#67
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by race#67 »

I was raised by bodyman. I have used all of the auto paint from enamel, to lacquer, to base/clear poly. For these little models, I really am more and more impressed with Future. Six bucks for a lifetime supply, no smell, clean up with windex. Tonight we wet sanded my daughters car with 2000 grit and hit it with 3M rubbing compound and then imperial hand glaze. The smooth wet shine is as good as a wet sanded and buffed poly!!
Jeff Piazza
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Jeff Piazza »

I've used Pledge floor wax a few times, and it's great stuff.

A benefit you didn't mention is that it looks good even when applied by a kid using a paint brush. The material apparently "levels" itself as it dries, leaving no brush strokes visible. (I'll admit I've never had the chance to compare different application techniques side-by-side.)

/JEP