Affordable track timer design

DIY timing systems
Scoremaker
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Affordable track timer design

Post by Scoremaker »

Just wanted to see if anyone if looking for timer for there Scout program or maybe next year. I saw this website and thought that I would share it with you.

http://billvsderbytimers.weebly.com/
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Affordable track timer design

Post by gpraceman »

It seems to be pretty much the same as the Yet another Arduino based track timer.... Both are based on an Arduino Uno board. Both can be built with or without a results display. Though, why pay this guy for a custom timer design when the results display design is freely available with the "Yet another Arduino based track timer..."?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Scoremaker
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Affordable track timer design

Post by Scoremaker »

Okay Gpraceman I got an email from Bill's V's The only thing he does is email you the plans for the timer and you can design it he way you want to. Here is picture one that was build by a guy in Germany who asked for Bill V's for his timer plans and race program that he build, and took the time to build it the way they wanted. I think guy from Germany has outstanding workmanship really good job. He also put a video camera on the timer display and a Lego man as a spectator and the race program on the laptop. :thumbup: