District Championship and Website for Rules?

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
TigerDad
Journeyman
Journeyman

District Championship and Website for Rules?

Post by TigerDad »

Im going to the District Championship on the 27th of March and I was hoping there would be a web site with the rules. Im in Shawnee Mission Kanasas district.

Will the rules be any different from the rules at the Pak meet?
Is the a web site I can look at?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
TigerDad:Kid Tested And Approved!
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: District Championship and Website for Rules?

Post by Stan Pope »

TigerDad wrote:Im going to the District Championship on the 27th of March and I was hoping there would be a web site with the rules. Im in Shawnee Mission Kanasas district.

Will the rules be any different from the rules at the Pak meet?
Is the a web site I can look at?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Excellent question!

If there is such a website, it will be produced locally, i.e. by your district! Your best path is to find out who is chairing the district event and ask them. You may even have to ask for the contact info for the inspection area chairman. Your district professional or district program chairman can get you started on this chase.

By Derby Day minus 2 weeks, the rules should have been formalized for several months. Many districts use the same (or slightly revised) rules year after year. But, don't give up ... they are documented somewhere.

If they say something like "just follow the rules in the box," then you need to ask if there isn't some documentation on "local rules" and "rules interpretations." (I called my Grandson's council to get a copy of their rules a year ago, and the "helpful" professional just photocopied a page from the national publication, not the page which stated the local council rules! There were "minor" differences, such as length limit of 7-3/8" vx. 7".)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Derby Wizard
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Derby Wizard »

Shawnee Mission Kansas! Have you always lived in that area?...ie did you graduate from H.S. there?

Just curious... :D
TigerDad
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by TigerDad »

SME High School.
Lived here my whole life.

Working on helping my son become a district champion!

Salute!
TigerDad:Kid Tested And Approved!
Mike Doyle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Mike Doyle »

TigerDad wrote:SME High School.
Lived here my whole life.

Working on helping my son become a district champion!

Salute!
We might be at the same race, our District race is on March 27th at the Mission Center Mall. There is another District race at Metcalf South Mall on the same day. I only received the date and time from our Pack's race coordinator, but Google searched on Heart of America Boy Scouts for some more info on the rules and check-in. Along the way I discovered a new rule had been added banning extended wheelbases that had been allowed during our Pack race. It turns out the new rule wasn't transmitted to the Packs prior to their races, so it's not in force this year.

I'm in the Northern Tier, but if you're out South, you're likely in a different district and possibly racing at Metcalf South. The best bet is to check with your Pack officials who should then direct you to the right folks at the district offices.

By the way, I'm a 1984 graduate of Shawnee Mission Northwest, go Cougars!

Good luck to you and your son at Districts!