Circuit Board for PDT (Free)

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
bruce60
Apprentice
Apprentice

Circuit Board for PDT (Free)

Post by bruce60 »

We had a very old Micro Wizard Fast Track timer that did not have two-way control with GPRM, so I replaced its electronics with the excellent Arduino-based Pinewood Derby Timer https://www.dfgtec.com/pdt by David Gadberry. It was quite involved so I made a custom PCB that uses an Arduino Nano. The minimum order was 5 PCB's so I have a few to give away. It mostly follows the schematic from the PDT site - the only significant change is I use a common cathode LED for the Status LED instead of common anode. It's an easy code change I can show you and will throw in some RGB LEDS (I bought 100). Or you can wire to 5V instead of ground if you use the common anode type and not change the code. David sells an Arduino Shield which is probably the way to go but if you want something low-profile, mine may work better for you. The board is 3' wide and 2.75" tall.

I am giving away the blank circuit board only - no parts are included (other than the RGB LED). Here are some pics of front and back: