Help Installing wheels

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Help Installing wheels

Post by Speedster »

I chose this Topic so I wouldn't bother any other Topic.
A couple of years ago I acquired 5 wood bookshelves (For FREE) that were rotten on the bottom. The shelves and sides are all good wood and the wood is actually very attractive. The looks isn't important but it is pretty.

The wood happens to be 5/8" thick and I cut pieces to measure 2" X 7" and drill a 1 1/4" hole in the center. Why did I choose that size? I have No Idea, it just seemed like the thing to do at the time. It's usually easy to install wheels on one side of the car but when you do the opposite side it gets more difficult. This piece of wood makes the installation much easier.

I give one of these to all the scouts who attend my presentation at our yearly workshop. I feel if anyone is willing to arrive at the workshop at 9AM and listen to me talk they certainly deserve something. Everyone who arrives later does not get one. OK, OK, I'm kidding. Everyone gets one.