Lightning McQueen, Flo & Doc Hudson pinewood cars

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
sinkorsurf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Lightning McQueen, Flo & Doc Hudson pinewood cars

Post by sinkorsurf »

RE: Lightning McQueen Pinewood Derby Car
Wow! Nice work ah8tk! Here's a picture of the Lightning McQueen Pinewood Derby Car I just finished up tonight, but it's not nearly as impressive as yours since I cheated and used Disney/Pixar's Lightning McQueen Pinewood Derby Car Design Plans, Templates, and Decals/Stickers Kit to build my car. I'm sure your builds were a lot tougher doing everything from scratch (i.e. designing pine car template, decals, etc.). Anyway, I hope you like mine. It was a blast to build.

sinkorsurf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Lightning McQueen Pinewood Derby Car

Post by sinkorsurf »

I just checked the site, and found that they just released another new decal sticker template (Dinoco Blue Lightning McQueen Pinewood Derby Car Decal Stickers). Maybe I'll have to re-paint my car and get these new stickers. Here's a picture of the blue car from their website:
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ah8tk »

That is pretty neat Lightning McQueen, I don't know why they don’t include the sponsor decals on the side of the car.

Does this design use the BSA block? The wheelbase seems really short, what is the distance between the axles?

I may have to download the plans to take a look at them…
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Hay guy's, I try'ed to get to the 100th aniv semi kit also from are Scout shop! when he try'ed to order it. He was told it had been recalled for defects! This is what he told me just after hanging up the phone with BSA! You can get a different type of semi kit from indy products.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?