Results from 2 District Races

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Results from 2 District Races

Post by Speedster »

Commodore Perry District
Scout Caitlin (young lady) won the Commodore Perry District Webelos Cub Scout race yesterday. The scouts 1st raced on a 40' Freedom track and there was a car length difference at the finish line. The top 8 finishers on the Freedom track then moved to a 35' Best track (29'10" - Champ timer) and the winning distance dropped to 3". Her fastest time was 2.54. The shorter track definitely was more exciting to watch. My total involvement in Caitlin's car was I loaned her my axle bender. She and her Dad did a beautiful job on the car.

Swan Creek District
This one is a bit unbelievable. I work with a lady Pack leader that has a total of 8 scouts in the Pack. They are spread out that all Scouts were eligible for the District race. They won 1st and 3rd in the Tiger's, 3rd in Lion,s, 3rd in Bears' and 3rd in Webelos. A scout also took a 3rd in Design.
Swan Creek has 4 matching 3 lane wood tracks that are beautiful. They have always been graphite only but there was no sign of graphite on the tracks. I learned that one person takes care of the tracks, setting up, storing, taking down, and apparently keeping them clean. There is also a 5th track which is also a 3 lane wood track that looks a bit different then the others. The 5th track is used to run off the top 13 finishers. All scouts run each lane of the 4 tracks for a total of 12 runs. The 4 tracks are scored with numbers and the 5th track is scored with elapsed time where the racers can see the times. The 5th track appeared to be a bit shorter then the others and the start was not quite as high. The winning car turned 2.18. The other cars turned a 2.2XX. The winning car of the Wolf race turned a 2.17. The whole operation was very efficient. There was a table at each end of each track with 2 people keeping score and 2 people at the start end for a total of 16 people running the 4 tracks. Once the scouts picked up their cars at the start they never set them down.
Both Districts have a very well organized and well run race.
I hope everyone had a good time. I surely did.