BSA Axles Made in China

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

BSA Axles Made in China

Post by Speedster »

Does anyone know if the Axles that were Made in China and had the Official BSA sticker on the tube of wheels and axles still exist? Not the axles that Hobby Lobby presently carry although they are better then the axles that come in the box.
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: BSA Axles Made in China

Post by ah8tk »

No, they were made by Revell, in 2018 Revell went bankrupt.

The bankruptcy of Hobbico has led to Revell’s assets being bought by a German investment group, listed in court documents as Blitz 18-313.
All Revell US operations ceased on Friday, April 13, 2018. The Illinois offices were closed and 15 people lost their jobs.

This is why hobby shops no longer have the Revell PWD line, you still see some excess stock in some hobby shops.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Danke schon.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Bill,

Have you seen any of the pinewood derby cars kits by Peachtree in hobby lobby stores as well ?

There kit's use the solid axles like the pine car brand kits do.. but much smaller in diam.
https://www.peachtreeplaythings.com/pro ... by-racers/
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

The only thing I saw today was about 4 different wood blocks of different designs. No complete kits. The thing I went for today was the 3 oz tungsten cylinder kits so I could use the 40% off coupon. They were out of them but suppose to be having more come in tomorrow. Maybe they're in a different section. I'll ask about them.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Don't have those here. I have seen some of that companies products. And, I explore the store. I have also asked about wood kits multiple times. I will kep my eyes open and let you know if I see as well.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I see it says BSA compliant when you put BSA wheels on it so I'm assuming it has a 4 3/8" wheelbase. You now end up with a bulky wedge block of wood. Hobby Lobby has a model that resembles the picture of that car. I'll guess at the cost of that block of wood from Hobby Lobby with your 40% OFF coupon at about $2.50. Add $2.95 for a tube of wheels and axles from the Scout Shop and you have a total of $5.45. I wonder what that kit costs?