District Race-Northwest District

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

District Race-Northwest District

Post by Speedster »

The Northwest District of the Erie Council held their District race at Camp Miaconda, Toledo, Ohio, on Saturday, June 20th. This is the only District in the Erie council that requires 4 wheels on the ground. This is not my district but I did work with one scout in the Northwest District to help him build his car. I was disappointed to see them use a 3 lane wood track when they normally would use their beautiful 6 lane aluminum Freedom track. There wasn't any careful staging but they appeared to be gentle and things went smoothly. The names were called along with the lane number and then after the race the names would be called again in the order of the finish. That was nice. The elapsed times were posted on the wall but they were so blurry I could not make them out. Our Team's car placed 9th out of 17 cars.

All cars needed to be turned in before 6PM on Friday, June 19th. No scouts were at the race. The race could be seen on a special link set up. Times were posted for each race and they were all on time. They did the best job they knew how and I hope all the scouts watching enjoyed seeing their car run down the track. As far as I know, no other District in the Erie Council will be having a District race.