Lane Brain Timer

Commercial timing systems
Scoremaker
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Lane Brain Timer

Post by Scoremaker »

Just wanted to get some info, I bought a 6 lane track last year, and it came with a lane brain timer just showing what place you come in. I got it working with some new senor that did not come with the track. What I want to know is there any way that I can upgrade it? Trying to see if I can add any new hardware to the timer? Just wanted to see if I get time results from start to finish?I use pp-n-chart point system right now
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lane Brain Timer

Post by gpraceman »

I haven't heard of a way to upgrade that timer. I don't think they ever had a computer interface for it. You could always hack into it and wire the sensors up to an Arduino programmed to do the timing and send the results to a computer. There's been a couple of threads here about using an Arduino.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Scoremaker
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Lane Brain Timer

Post by Scoremaker »

Thanks gpraceman I'll look into arduino programmed my dad is really big into programs and hardware etc. That's how he got it running I will let you know what happens.