#120 Test Track from Best Track

Commercial tracks.
hwsjr
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: #120 Test Track from Best Track

Post by hwsjr »

I e-mailed them Friday and they quoted me a price on a two lane 20' track already with that in mind. My concern based on the posts I've been reading here, however, is whether or not the 2' foot drop and 20' track would show me which car is truly better. That's the main thing I want from a test track: To show us whether we have improved over the year before and if not to allow us to fix it before the race.
shughes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by shughes »

i would think testing two cars on a single lane would be more accurate since two lanes could be biased.

i am currently considering getting a test track and timer for my son and i to play around with. we just completed our first derby and made it to Districts taking 3rd for the Wolf rank. Afterwards my son asked if we could start on next year's car ;) Of course that could be from the initial excitement but it would be fun to try out rail riding techniques and adjusting COM in realtime using a test track to observe the differences.

Its nice to see other pinewood derby nuts on this forum. So tell me, how do you make it pass the wife test when purchasing your test tracks? I am next years Derby Master for our pack so maybe I can pull that into the equation.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

hwsjr wrote:I'm surprised that no one here owns one or has used one
Priority has.
pwrd by tungsten
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pwrd by tungsten »

Plus running with a car in the other lane is a 0.01 drop in speed...
W Racing!!!!
john4840
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by john4840 »

Sounds like a good plan